GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
November 15-16, 2009
SAC PREP ONE - The Holy Trinity
- Children will review the Sign of the Cross and discuss how to make it reverently.
- Children will read the Doxology out loud.
- Children will be presented with the idea of the Holy Trinity.
- Children will experience a visual image of the Holy Trinity.
- Children will hear a story which offers another analogy to the Trinity.
- Children will learn the names of the three persons of the Holy Trinity.
- They will learn that St. Patrick presented the Trinity as a shamrock.
SAC PREP TWO - How to Love Others
- Children will explore how loving others includes obedience, kindness, respect and purity.
- Children will have several opportunities to think about how they can behave in loving ways in their everyday lives.
GRADE THREE - The Ten Commandments
- Students will become familiar with the story of how Moses was given the Ten Commandments
- Students will explore the Ten Commandments
- Students will have an opportunity to think about the negative and positive implications of the Ten Commandments
GRADE FOUR - Reconciliation One - Avoiding Sin
- Students will be able to explain what a conscience is.
- Students will understand that a conscience must be “informed” or strengthened and will be able to site ways that they can strengthen their own conscience.
- Students will understand what a temptation is.
- Students will know that the two best ways of avoiding temptations are avoiding near occasions of sin and by praying.
GRADE FIVE - Confirmation
- Students will be familiar with the story of Pentecost and understand that at Pentecost Jesus sent the Holy Spirit to the Church.
- Students will understand that at Confirmation we receive the fullness of the Holy Spirit.
- Students will think about what gifts God has given them and how they might be used for others.
GRADE SIX - Creation Stories
- Students will read the second account of creation from Genesis and compare it with the first.
- Students will be able to explain the symbolism of breath and naming.
- Students will understand the Catholic view on evolution.
Complete the “How Can You Help” checklist and the “We Respond” section on page 27.
GRADE SEVEN - The Tabernacle
- Students will be able to identify the Ark of the Covenant as a place where the Ten Commandments were kept and where God was present to His people.
- Students will be familiar with the Tabernacle
- Students will see how the Tabernacle was a prefiguring of Christ
- Students will experience a musical meditation on Abraham’s Sacrifice
The information on the Tabernacle on these sites is good; we don’t guarantee the remainder of the site, however!
GRADE EIGHT - A Walk Through the Bible
- To give students a chance to “walk through” the Bible and review what they know about it.
- To give students practice in looking up passages of Scripture.
- Students will practice finding Bible passages in a Sword Drill