SAC PREP ONE— Jesus Teaches Us to Love God
- Children will learn the two great Laws of Love (Love God/Love Others)
- Children will begin to make a poster to remind them of these laws
- Children will know three ways they can love God
SAC PREP TWO - Who is My Neighbor?
- Students will learn the story of the Good Samaritan
- Students will learn that God wants us to love all His people
- The children will complete their report cards.
- Students will make Valentines for homebound parishioners
GRADE THREE - Jesus and the Passover Supper
- Children will review the Passover, and recognize that Jesus celebrated the Passover meal every year.
- Children will identify the Last Supper as, not only the last meal Jesus had on earth, but as a Passover meal he had with his apostles.
- Children will recognize the Last Supper as the first Mass.
- Children will know that the priesthood was instituted at the Last Supper
- Children will understand the way Jesus linked the Eucharist and service to others, through his washing of his apostles’ feet at the Last Supper.
GRADE FOUR - Joseph in Egypt
- Students will re-tell the first part of the Joseph story
- Students will see a video about Joseph in Egypt
- Students will have the opportunity to review the important stories we have covered so far.
HOMEWORK Complete sheet on Joseph in Egypt if it was not completed in class.
GRADE FIVE - Our Gifts
- Students will review the Introductory Rites and the Liturgy of the Word
- Students will review the Offertory and Preparation of Gifts
- Students will understand that through the gifts we offer at Mass we are offering the gift of ourselves
- Students will understand that much of the Preparation of Gifts focuses on our gratitude
GRADE SIX - Joseph
- Students will be familiar with the life of Joseph.
- Students will know that this story shows once again how God can bring good from evil.
- Students will understand the meaning of providence.
GRADE SEVEN - Choosing Christ
- Students will consider why people might have accepted or rejected Jesus
- Students will realize that people still make those choices today
- Students will become familiar with some of the sects that existed at the time of Jesus – Pharisees, Sadducees, Zealots and Scribes.
- Students will consider the Eucharist, which drove many from Jesus and see a short video on Eucharistic Adoration
GRADE EIGHT - Living for Love
- To give students an opportunity to reflect on the action of the Holy Spirit.
- To acquaint students with some events in the early Church – the appearance of Jesus on the Road to Emmaus and Pentecost.
- To help students realize that discipleship is not always easy.