SAC PREP ONE— Love Others
- Children will recall the two Great Laws of Love
- Children will review three ways to love God (pray, day, say)
- Children will understand that we can love others by giving them food, by visiting them, by being a good friend and by helping them.
- Children will be presented with the story of the Good Samaritan and will have a chance to re-tell it
- Children will complete their Love God, Love Others posters to take home
SAC PREP TWO - Jesus Feeds People
- Children should be very clear that we are now beginning study of a completely different Sacrament.
- Catechist will familiarize the children with a story where Jesus feeds people.
- Children will taste unconsecrated hosts
- New vocabulary: Eucharist, Holy Communion
- Children will experience the unity that comes from eating together.
GRADE THREE - The Passion
- Children will become familiar with the events of the Passion.
- Children will be able to identify Judas, Peter, Pontius Pilate, Chief Priests
- Children will be exposed to the terms, Passion, Scourging, Crucifixion
and work with them to complete the worksheet.
GRADE FOUR - Moses and Passover
- Students will put all of the Bible stories we have studied in chronological order and compare them with a Bible Timeline
- Students will become more familiar with the story of Moses and the exodus from Egypt
GRADE FIVE - Eucharistic Prayer
- Students will become familiar with the Eucharistic Prayer.
- Students will understand that the words of the Consecration are the words Jesus spoke at the Last Supper.
- Students will recognize that we offer ourselves at Mass.
- Students will review for next week’s exam.
GRADE SIX - Joseph
- Class will continue to explore the story of Joseph.
- Students will be introduced the idea that Joseph “prefigures” Jesus and that this is another way to refer to Joseph being a “type”.
Use the sample test to study for the exam.
GRADE SEVEN - Acceptance of the Father’s Will
- Students will review the Liturgical Calendar and the season of Lent.
- Students will understand that Lent begins with Ash Wednesday (this year on February 21) and will be prompted to think about how they will spend their Lent this year
- Students will become more familiar with the events of the Passion, through a video, an activity, reading and discussion.
GRADE EIGHT - Baptism
- To awaken in the students the connection between Baptism and Confirmation.
- To get students to begin to be aware of and discuss the wisdom, works and worship of the Catholic Church.