SAC PREP ONE — Sin and Forgiveness
- Students will add a purple page to the Book without Words
- Students will know that next week the Season of Lent will begin
- Students will take their second trimester test.
- Students will fill out their report cards.
- Children will recall the parable of the Good Shepherd.
- Children will understand sin as choosing not to follow the two great commandments.
- Children will understand being sorry as knowing we have not loved, and wishing we had made another choice
- Children will understand that when we are sorry Jesus always forgives us
Discuss what Lenten practices you will be observing in your home.
SAC PREP TWO - Steps in the Rite of Reconciliation
- Children will understand that celebration of the Rite of Reconciliation must begin at home with prayer to the Holy Spirit and an Examination of Conscience.
- Children will do activities that will help them become more familiar with the steps of the Rite.
- Children will hear a story about forgiveness.
GRADE THREE - Parables
- Children will learn that Jesus told parables to teach us what God and Heaven are like.
- Children will understand that parables are stories that make comparisons.
- Children will become familiar with the Parable of the Forgiving Father, and the Parable of the Good Samaritan.
GRADE FOUR - Joseph, Part One
- Students will review the story of Jacob and how he got two wives and twelve sons!
- Students will see a video about Joseph, leading up to his interpreting the Pharaoh’s dream
- Students will explore this story as it appears in the book of Genesis.
- Students will work together to complete a crossword puzzle.
- Time permitting, students will improvise the story.
HOMEWORK: With your parents, read Chapter 6. Complete the worksheet.
GRADE FIVE - Liturgical Music
- Children will meet and get to know our Director of Music, Clint Desmond
- Children will become familiar with our organ and with how our music is prepared
GRADE SIX - Jacob
- Students will understand the importance of the spoken word in Biblical times and explore our feelings about it today.
- Students will become familiar with the continuing adventures of Jacob; Jacob’s ladder, his marriage to Leah and Rachel and how he wrestled with an angel.
- Students will learn about the life of St. Martin de Porres
of the text if it was not done in class..
GRADE SEVEN - Reconciliation
- Students will understand the difference between mortal and venial sin.
- Students will have the opportunity to deepen their appreciation of the Sacrament of Penance.
- Students will be familiar with the concept of “near occasion of sin”.
- Students will understand that conscience must be informed.
Do an informal “Review of the Day” each night. Look at MASTER 16.1 for an idea of questions to use. Do a drawing illustrating one of the Seven Deadly Sins.
GRADE EIGHT - Living for Love
- Students will see a video on St. Valentine and understand a bit better the challenge of life in the early Church.
- Students will make St. Patrick’s Day cards for some homebound parishioners.