SAC PREP ONE— Easter
- Children will become familiar with the Easter story
- Children will understand the word “Resurrection”
- Children will hear the story of doubting Thomas
SAC PREP TWO - Communion
- The children will understand that as we receive Communion it will help us to grow to be more like Jesus.
- Children will learn a pattern for prayer after Communion.
- Children will have their first practice for the first communion Mass in the church.
GRADE THREE - Receiving Jesus Reverently
- Children will review three ways in which we can give loving-sacrifice to Jesus: True Love (keeping our souls free from sin), Prayer, Hard Things (doing good but difficult things out of love for God)
- Children will become familiar with the names of some of the vessels and items used at Mass
- Children will practice receiving communion reverently
GRADE FOUR - On the Road to God
- Students will realize that with the birth of Jesus a new part of the Bible begins.
- Students will remember that God created us, unlike other parts of His creation, able to think, and choose and love.
- Students will explore what it means to know and love God.
- Students will look at the first three commandments.
- Students will be explore the Bible to see how important obedience is.
- Children will have the opportunity to look up several verses in both Old and New Testaments.
GRADE FIVE - Our Purpose is to Love
- Students will understand that our purpose on earth is to love as Jesus loved.
- Students will realize that we can love God by loving others.
- Students will hear testimonies by other children about everyday ways to love and will share their own.
GRADE SIX - Passover
- Students will be familiar with the escape from Egypt.
- Students will witness a Jewish Passover Meal
- Students will be able to relate how symbols of the Passover meal point to Christ as Messiah
GRADE SEVEN - The Marks of the Church
- Students will know the four marks of the Church – One, Holy, Catholic, Apostolic
- Students will know more about the first pope, St. Peter
- Student will recognize that “Church” is community, on many levels
- Students will become familiar with the hierarchy of the Church, and the roles of the Pope, bishops, priests, deacons and laity
GRADE EIGHT - Prayer
- To help students appreciate the importance of personal prayer
- To introduce students to a practical prayer technique they might use in their daily life
- To encourage students to establish daily prayer rituals