SAC PREP ONE - Creation
- Students will review the story of God’s creation of man.
- Students will learn how Adam and Eve lost their place in the garden by hearing a story, watching a video and reading the text.
- Children will recognize the term “Original Sin” as referring to the first sin committed.
- Children will understand that we no longer live in the Garden because our first parents sinned.
- Students will make their Salvation Booklets.
SAC PREP TWO - Sin, Temptation, Accident
- Children will be able to correctly use the words “forgive” and “sin”.
- Children will understand the difference between a sin, an accident and a temptation.
- Children will have practice recognizing behaviors as sins, temptations or accidents
GRADE THREE - The Lord’s Day
- Students will practice using the Bible by finding and reading the first three commandments from Exodus.
- Students will think more about the importance of names, particularly God’s name
- Students will be led by means of a book and project to think about God, and the joy of spending time with Him
GRADE FOUR - Going to Confession
- Children will be familiar with how to go to confession.
- Children will have visited the confessionals if they are unfamiliar with them.
- Children will recognize the necessity of doing a penance.
- Children will understand the seal of confession.
GRADE FIVE - Adoration
- Students will explore ways to show reverence.
- Children will continue to explore Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament.
GRADE SIX - Noah - Another De-Creation Story
- Students will all be familiar with the story of Noah and the Flood.
- Students will recognize that in the Bible shorter lifespans indicate more sinfulness and that the term “40” as a length of time separates important advances in salvation history
- Students will recognize that the story can be viewed literally, symbolically or as a combination of the two.
- Students will understand that in any case the teaching is that sin destroys but God saves.
GRADE SEVEN - Mary, Prepared to Be the Mother of God
- Students will explore Mary, and become more familiar with the stories of the Annunciation and the Visitation.
- Students will be able to explain why Mary is called “Immaculate”.
- Students will complete their side of the report cards.
GRADE EIGHT - Sin is the Obstacle to the Reign of God
- Students will refamiliarize themselves with the story of Adam and Eve from Genesis
- Students will think about the effects of that original sin on relationships
- Students will become aware of some negative cultural values that lead to sin and think about how to combat them.
- Students will have the opportunity to meditate on their own sinfulness