GRADE ONE - God is Our Father
- Children will understand that God created human beings special because they can think, and choose and love.
- Children will learn that God also created angels – creatures with souls but no bodies, and animals - creatures with bodies but no souls.
SAC PREP TWO - God
- Students will explore the idea that God is eternal.
- Students will review the concept of the Holy Trinity.
- They will know that God made us to know, love and serve Him.
- Students will recognize Adam and Eve as the first people God created.
- Students will understand Grace as part of God’s own life that He shares with us in our souls
GRADE THREE - God Created the World
- Students will review the concept of Trinity
- Students will understand the difference between “create” and “make”
- Children will recognize that all God’s creation is good, and that we can choose to use God’s creation properly or badly.
- Children will understand that God created us to know, love and serve Him.
GRADE FOUR - The First Murder
- Students will review the levels of creation.
- Students will remember that the original sin was when Adam and Eve said “no” to God’s request.
- Students will become familiar with the story of Cain and Abel.
- Students will recognize the human tendency to make excuses and to pretend that God is not all-knowing.
- Students will be able to distinguish between Original Sin and Actual Sin
GRADE FIVE - How We Worship
- Students will understand that we worship God through prayer, loving service and sacrifice.
- Students will consider ways to increase their personal prayer.
- Students will know that “Alleluia!” means “Praise God!”
- Students will become familiar with Saint Joan of Arc
GRADE SIX - Inspiration
- Students will understand that the Bible was written under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit
- Students will appreciate how carefully the ancient scribes transcribed the biblical texts
- Students will learn about the discovery of the Dead Sea Scrolls.
GRADE SEVEN - God
- Students will be able to distinguish the twelve doctrines that are part of the Apostles Creed
- Students will pray the Creed to the music of John Michael Talbot
- Students will use the Bible to explore the attributes of God
- Students will understand that to know God we must have a relationship with Him
- Students will recall that God is a Trinity and will review some aspects of this concept
GRADE EIGHT - Growing in Faith
- To help students understand both the differences and the important connections between faith and religious practice
- To make students aware of the three “components” of religion: Wisdom (belief), Works (morality), and Worship
- To help students think about their own experience of thesethree aspects of faith and consider which might be most important to them