SAC PREP ONE - God is Holy
- Children will understand that God is Holy, that God knows everything, sees everything, and is everywhere.
- Children will learn that certain items remind us of God, so we think of them as Holy, for example, The Bible, a rosary, a crucifix.
- Children will learn that God is present in a church building in special ways.
- Children will explore various postures and gestures that help us show God how we feel about Him.
- Children will go to the church and visit the Tabernacle and the Altar.
- Children will learn to genuflect before the Tabernacle and bow before the Altar.
church. With parents do the review sheet at home. (Parents – read the questions and write your
child’s answers in the blanks.)
SAC PREP TWO - Original Sin
- Children will review the story of Adam and Eve’s sin.
- Children will understand that they committed the first sin.
- Students will recognize sin as disobeying God.
- Students will understand that God loves us and wants our happiness.
GRADE THREE - Learning About God
- Students will understand that God has revealed Himself to us through Creation, the
- prophets, Jesus, and the Bible
- Students will know that there are two main parts of the Bible
- Students will be shown how to locate the Gospels in the Bible and will look up a Scripture
- Students will know that the Gospels describe the life and teaching of Jesus
- Children will be able to name the four Gospels
GRADE FOUR - Sorting and Labeling
- Students will be presented with several ways to categorize sins.
- Students will recognize sins of word and thought, sins of action and omission.
- Students will understand that some sins can completely destroy our relationship with God. These are called mortal sins.
- Students will know that mortal sins have 1) serious matter, 2) full knowledge and 3) full consent.
- Students will understand that venial sins damage our relationship with God.
GRADE FIVE - Gospels
- Children will understand that God speaks to us through words.
- Children will be able to identify the four Gospels and will know that “Gospel” means “good news”.
- Children will be able to locate the Gospels in the Bible.
- Students will know how to read and write a Scripture citation
GRADE SIX - Bible Overview
- Students will begin to appreciate the need to be familiar with the Old Testament
- Students will understand that the Bible is divided into the Old and New Testaments, into books, chapters and verses.
- Students will explore the classroom set of Bibles and become familiar with some of the helpful features
- Students will practice writing and finding Bible citations
GRADE SEVEN -
- Students will recall that God is a Trinity and will review some aspects of thisconcept.
- Students will discuss how we speak of the different persons of the Trinity, especially in prayer.
- Students will recognize God as Creator and know that all three persons of the Blessed Trinity were present at creation.
- Students will hear a story that will remind them of what knowledge is important.
GRADE EIGHT - More Than the Eye Can See
- To help students understand that to grow in faith we need to be open to God speaking to us in new ways
- To give students an experience of guided meditation
- To understand that God is present to us in a variety of ways.