GRADE ONE - Prayer – Speaking to God
- Children will remember that we listen to God. They will also learn that we can talk to God, as well.
- Children will recognized that talking and listening to God is called Prayer.
- Children will hear the Bible story about God calling Samuel.
- Children will be introduced to four sorts of prayer : Praise, Asking, Thanks, Saying we’re sorry
- Children will recognize several times of the day when we ought to pray – morning, bedtime and mealtime
(They are marked with “Chapter 7” on the back.) If you do not already pray before meals and
at bedtime in your home, begin this week to try to get into this habit.
SAC PREP TWO - Jesus Shows Us How to Love Others
- Children will become familiar with the word “command”.
- Children will hear a Bible passage to help them understand that when we show love to others we are showing love to Jesus.
- Children will practice thinking about what Jesus would do in various situations.
GRADE THREE - Moses
- Students will become familiar with the idea of God’s loving-kindness and will be presented with the
- idea of “Providence.”
- Children will recognize Moses as a person preserved by God to lead his people out of slavery in
- Students will be familiar with the early stories of Moses: Baby Moses in the Bulrushes, Moses and the
- Burning Bush, and Moses and the Pharaoh.
GRADE FOUR - Sin Stories
- Students will review the stories we have covered this year and last to make a simple timeline.
- Students will be introduced to the idea that our year is based (loosely) on the time that has passed since Jesus was born.
- Students will familiarize themselves with the story of the Tower of Babel and its significance
- Students will be exposed to the idea of figures.
- Students will hear a story the emphasizes the humble nature of true goodness
GRADE FIVE - The Rite of Baptism
- Students will become familiar with the Baptismal Rite.
- Students will continue to deepen their understanding of and appreciation for Baptism.
- Students visit the baptistry in the church, and explore some of the symbols and signs of Baptism
GRADE SIX - Original Sin
- Students will understand three results of Original Sin
- Students will become familiar with the story of Cain and Abel
- Students will review how God showed Adam and Eve and Cain His merciful love.
- Students will realize that God shows us merciful love through the Sacraments
- Students will appreciate some further aspects of Baptism
example of what the poet means? Write about it.
GRADE SEVEN - God Prepared His People for a Savior
- Students will review a number of stories from Genesis and Exodus
- Students will be able to place the different stories on a timeline
- Students will be able to identify a number of “figures” or “types” in the Old Testament
- Students will see that the Hebrew people had to learn through sad experience because they didn’t listen to God
GRADE EIGHT - Revelation: Coming to Know God
- To review the understanding that God’s revelation is handed on to us through both Sacred Scripture and Sacred Tradition
- To review the basic structure of the Bible and help students approach the Scriptures with comfort and reverence