GRADE ONE - The Our Father
- Children will know that Jesus taught us the Our Father
- Children will have the opportunity to explore the meaning of the Our Father
SAC PREP TWO - We Give the Gift of Love to Others
- Children will be led to think about the importance of honesty.
- Children will reflect on how sharing brings more happiness than greediness
- Children will hear the story of the “Boy Who Cried Wolf”
- Children will review ways we can love God and others.
- Children will fill out report cards
GRADE THREE - Loving God Most of All
- Students will explore the first and second commandments.
- Students will take time to recall that all we have comes from God and remember that we should be thankful
- Students will review the first trimester’s work with a Bingo game
- Students will learn the word “reverent” and explore what it means.
GRADE FOUR - Esau and Jacob
- Students will hear the story of Isaac’s marriage to Rebekah.
- Students will hear the story of how Esau sold Jacob his birthright for a bowl of stew.
- Students will understand what a birthright is.
- Students will understand how serious it is to swear before God
- Students will review concepts and information learned this trimester for the first trimester exam next week.
GRADE FIVE - The Passover
- Students will be familiar with the story of the Passover
- Students will take their first trimester exams and fill out report cards.
GRADE SIX - Noah - Another De-Creation Story
- Students will all be familiar with the story of Noah and the Flood.
- Students will recognize that in the Bible shorter lifespans indicate more sinfulness and that the term “40” as a length of time separates important advances in salvation history
- Students will recognize that the story can be viewed literally, symbolically or as a combination of the two.
- Students will understand that in any case the teaching is that sin destroys but God saves.
GRADE SEVEN - The Prophets
- Students will understand that God sent prophets to prepare His people for the Messiah and to call them to repentance.
- Students will recognize the Babylonian captivity as God’s punishment for the Israelites ignoring the prophets
- Students will be able to identify Isaiah as a prophet who foretold the coming of the Savior not as a king but as one experiencing pain and humiliation
- Students will understand that the Israelites expected a Messiah who would be a glorious earthly king who would restore the Kingdom of Israel.
GRADE EIGHT - The Mission of Jesus Begins
- To allow students time to complete first Trimester report cards.
- To familiarize students with the prayer form Lectio Divina
- To increase students’ level of comfort with the Bible and to spark their interest in learning more about Jesus
- To help the students see Jesus’ baptism as a time when he began to embrace his mission .