GRADE ONE - Giving Thanks
- Various concepts already presented will be tied together with a Thanksgiving theme.
- Students will fill out report cards.
- Students will take an exam over what has been taught already this year.
SAC PREP TWO - Jesus Forgives Us
- Children will understand that to be good friends of Jesus we must do our best to follow his
- The words “I’m sorry” will be presented as words that can heal broken relationships.
- Children will be presented with two or three stories of forgiveness in the Bible.
- Children will understand that when we fail to love we should say “I’m sorry.”
GRADE THREE - Loving God Most of All; Two
- Students will review, then take an exam over material covered so far this year
- Students will complete report cards
Complete “The Way to Pray” if it wasn’t done in class.
GRADE FOUR - Our Forgiving, Loving God• Children will explore two scripture stories of forgiveness - the Lost Sheep and the Prodigal Son
• Children will realize that God cannot forgive if we do not express our sorrow
• Children will recognize the importance of recognizing and admitting our sins, as well as doing our best to make amendment
HOMEWORK: Before we meet again, at least once pray to the Holy Spirit and go slowly over the Examination of Conscience on this sheet.
(Remind children that anything they think of is private. They would never have to discuss their sins with anyone but the priest.)
GRADE FIVE - The Liturgical Year
- Students will become familiar with the Liturgical Year and its seasons.
- Students will have an opportunity to use a Liturgical Year calendar.
HOMEWORK: Students should complete reading in their text up through the exercise in the
middle of page 29. They should respond to that question. They should also read page 32
which will prepare them for the activity the following week.
GRADE SIX - Adam and Eve
- Students will understand three results of Original Sin
- Students will become familiar with the story of Cain and Abel
- Students will review how God showed Adam and Eve and Cain His merciful love.
- Students will realize that God shows us merciful love through the Sacraments
- Students will appreciate some further aspects of Baptism
example of what the poet means? Write about it.
GRADE SEVEN - John the Baptist/Review
- Students will explore John the Baptist, the last prophet preparing the way for Christ by looking in the Gospels of Mark and Matthew.
- Students will view a word-for-word video presentation about John from the Gospel of Luke
- Students will review material studied so far this year.
GRADE EIGHT - The Reign of God: Jesus’ Dream
- Students will know that the Jews expected the Kingdom of God to be instituted by an actual King.
- Students will know that Jesus expressed two new ideas about God: 1) God is a loving Father and 2) God expects us to love everyone – even our enemies.
- Students will begin to understand what Jesus meant by saying that “The Kingdom of God is within us.”
- Students will explore how they can help bring about the Kingdom of God.
don’t get an “answer” to prayer during the silent time, silence prepares us to hear God whenever
and however He speaks to us.