GRADE ONE - Creation
- Students will review the story of God’s creation of man.
- Students will learn how Adam and Eve lost their place in the garden by hearing a story, watching a video and reading the text.
- Children will recognize the term “Original Sin” as referring to the first sin committed.
- Children will understand that we no longer live in the Garden because our first parents sinned.
- Students will make their Salvation Booklets.
SAC PREP TWO - Sin, Temptation, Accident
- Children will be able to correctly use the words “forgive” and “sin”.
- Children will understand the difference between a sin, an accident and a temptation.
- Children will have practice recognizing behaviors as sins, temptations or accidents
GRADE THREE - The Lord’s DayStudents will practice using the Bible by finding and reading the first three commandments from Exodus.
Students will think more about the importance of names, particularly God’s name
Students will be led by means of a book and project to think about God, and the joy of spending time with Him
HOMEWORK: With parents complete the worksheet “God’s Special Day”.
GRADE FOUR - Going to Confession
- Children will be familiar with how to go to confession.
- Children will have visited the confessionals if they are unfamiliar with them.
- Children will recognize the necessity of doing a penance.
- Children will understand the seal of confession.
GRADE FIVE - Advent
- Students will understand that during Advent we prepare for Jesus' coming
- They will know that Jesus came in history, He comes to us now in grace, and He will come again in Glory to judge the living and the dead.
- Children will watch a video and reflect on various Advent customs.
GRADE SIX - Abram's Call
- Students will all be familiar with God's call to Abram.
- Students will recognize that the Book of Genesis tells the story of God's creation, man's sin and God's promise of salvation.
- Students will nderstand that the "call/listen" pattern is frequently found in the Bible
GRADE SEVEN - Mary, Prepared to Be the Mother of God
- Students will explore Mary, and become more familiar with the stories of the Annunciation and the Visitation.
- Students will be able to explain why Mary is called “Immaculate”.
- Students will complete their side of the report cards.
GRADE EIGHT - Sin is the Obstacle to the Reign of God
- Students will refamiliarize themselves with the story of Adam and Eve from Genesis
- Students will think about the effects of that original sin on relationships
- Students will become aware of some negative cultural values that lead to sin and think about how to combat them.
- Students will have the opportunity to meditate on their own sinfulness