GRADE ONE - Advent
- Children will review the story of the Annunciation and Visitation
- Children will review the Liturgical Calendar
- Children will add a purple page for Advent in their Book Without Words.
- Children will understand Advent as a time of waiting when we remember how people had to wait for a savior
- Children will have the opportunity to decorate a frame for a holy picture.
SAC PREP TWO - The Christmas Story
- Children will have the opportunity to review the Christmas story through story and music.
- Children will make Christmas cards for the homebound.
GRADE THREE - The Fourth Commandment
- Students will look up and read the Fourth Commandment
- Students will explore the concept of “Honor”
- Students will make specific plans to practice honoring their parents this week
- Students will understand the Holy Family is a model family
- Students will make a Holy Family Christmas ornament.
GRADE FOUR - The Mother of God
- Students will become familiar with some titles of Mary
- Children will understand that Mary cares for them
- Children will decorate a box to keep their rosary in
GRADE FIVE - The Communion of Saints
- Students will review various aspects of the Eucharist, Eucharist as meal, sacrifice, liturgy, sacrament, worship.
- Students will be presented with the concept of Communion of Saints
- Students will recognize the Eucharist as a celebration that unifies all of God’s people.
- Students will begin to appreciate the sign value of bread.
HOMEWORK: Write the answers to the “We Review” section at the bottom of page 50.
With help from a parent, put together the Mass booklets from the back of your textbooks. Bring
it to class after vacation.
GRADE SIX - Covenant
- Students will become familiar with the form of a covenant in the Old Testament
- Students will be familiar with God’s covenant with Abram
- Students will think about the meaning of faith.
GRADE SEVEN - The Nativity
- Every student will be able to relate the Nativity story.
- Students will know that stories of Jesus’ birth occur only in Matthew and Luke.
- Students will compare the Nativity presentations in the two Gospels.
- Students will do drawings of the Nativity as represented in one or the other Gospel.
GRADE EIGHT - Parables and Miracles
- Students will experience the joy of "hearing a story".
- Students will understand that a parable is a story that relies on a simile.
- Students will learn a simple way to approach the parables.
- Students will have the opportunity to briefly look at a number of different parables.