GRADE ONE — The Good Shepherd
- Students will hear the story of the Good Shepherd
- Students will see a presentation on the Good Shepherd
- Students will understand that Jesus is our Good Shepherd
SAC PREP TWO - Between Jesus and Me—Celebrating Forgiveness
- Children will understand that under no circumstances will the priest ever reveal what is told to him in confession.
- Children will review basic concepts.
- Children will review and practice going to confession.
- Children will become familiar with another Biblical forgiveness story.
GRADE THREE - Parables
- Children will learn that Jesus told parables to teach us what God and Heaven are like.
- Children will understand that parables are stories that make comparisons.
- Children will become familiar with the Parable of the Forgiving Father, and the Parable of the Good Samaritan.
GRADE FOUR - Joseph, Part One
- Students will review the story of Jacob and how he got two wives and twelve sons!
- Students will see a video about Joseph, leading up to his interpreting the Pharaoh’s dream
- Students will explore this story as it appears in the book of Genesis.
- Students will work together to complete a crossword puzzle.
- Time permitting, students will improvise the story.
GRADE FIVE - Our Gifts
- Students will review the Introductory Rites and the Liturgy of the Word
- Students will review the Offertory and Preparation of Gifts
- Students will understand that through the gifts we offer at Mass we are offering the gift of ourselves
- Students will understand that much of the Preparation of Gifts focuses on our gratitude
GRADE SIX - Joseph
- Students will be familiar with the life of Joseph.
- Students will know that this story shows once again how God can bring good from evil.
- Students will understand the meaning of providence.
GRADE SEVEN - Choosing Christ
- Students will consider why people might have accepted or rejected Jesus
- Students will realize that people still make those choices today
- Students will become familiar with some of the sects that existed at the time of Jesus – Pharisees, Sadducees, Zealots and Scribes.
- Students will consider the Eucharist, which drove many from Jesus and see a short video on Eucharistic Adoration
GRADE EIGHT - Called to Protect, Part 2
- Students will learn what to do if someone tries to violate their boundaries
- Students will know lots of different ways to respond and that they can respond in ways that fit their own personality
- Students will be able to demonstrate several ways to respond if someone tries to violate their physical, emotional or behavioral boundaries.