GRADE ONE - Jesus Teaches Us to Love Others
- Children will remember the two great Laws of Love
- Children will review the three ways to love God (pray/say/day)
- Children will understand that we can love others by giving them food, by visiting them, by being a good friend, and by helping them.
- Children will be presented with the story of the Good Samaritan and will have a chance to re-tell it.
- Children will complete their Love God, Love Others posters to take home
SAC PREP TWO - Who is My Neighbor?
- Students will learn the story of the Good Samaritan
- Students will learn that God wants us to love all His people
- The children will complete their report cards.
- Students will make Valentines for homebound parishioners
GRADE THREE - Christ’s Sacrifice
- Children will explore further the meaning of “Sacrifice”
- Children will be able to retell the story of Christ’s Passion
- Children will begin to understand why Jews offered sacrifices
- Children will think about why Jesus was the perfect sacrifice
- Children will begin to see how the Mass is a sacrifice
GRADE FOUR - Moses and Passover
- Students will put all of the Bible stories we have studied in chronological order and compare them with a Bible Timeline
- Students will become more familiar with the story of Moses and the exodus from Egypt
GRADE FIVE - Vestments
- Students will take their second trimester exam.
- Students will complete report cards.
- Students will visit the church and look at vestments.
GRADE SIX - Joseph’s Story
- Students will take their Second Trimester Exam
- Students will complete their report cards
- Class will conclude story of Joseph by watching the Genesis Project video
GRADE SEVEN - SACRIFICE
- Students will be able to identify some examples of “sacrifice” in the Bible after reading several Scripture passages.
- Students will identify in each of these Scriptural examples, the requirements for any sacrifice: the one who offers (priest), the victim (the offering), a purpose, and a result.
- After listening to a story, students will be able to share with one another at least one new idea about the concept of sacrifice that they hadn’t previously considered.
- Students will be able to describe why we call Jesus “the perfect sacrifice”.
- Students will make a set of Sacrifice Beads for themselves, they will know how they are used and they will try this spiritual discipline in the coming week.
GRADE EIGHT - Living for Love
- Students will see a video on St. Valentine and understand a bit better the challenge of life in the early Church.
- Students will make St. Patrick’s Day cards for some homebound parishioners.